21 June 2009

Vanity

I wouldn't ordinarily think myself to be vain (STOP LAUGHING, STEVE!), but it dawned on me that when I do get old, there's a couple of things I'd like to see happen.

1. If I do get wrinkles, I want them to be because I've smiled so much. I see evidence of it already, around my mouth, and near my eyes. It's faint, but it's there, and I can tell that it's because of how much smiling I do naturally. I think I'd be OK with having smile lines.

2. If I do start to lose the darkness of my hair (and it goes to "grey"), I want it to go in huge chunks at the same time, so that I can finally dye it fire engine red without having to go through a bleaching process. If I'm going to age, I might as well have fun doing it!

3. Consequently, if I do start losing my hair, I want to shave it completely bald, because I do have a beautifully shaped head. I'm not the only one to say it; every time I get my hair shaved completely off, people mention how lovely my head looks, unencumbered by all that hair! If anything, it'll certainly cut back on prep time in the morning.

4. If my already flimsy tolerance to the cold gets worse, I want to be able to use it as an excuse to be close to my husband, so he can keep me warm. :)

5. If my walking pace slows down, I hope that I remind myself that it gives me more time to look around me, and take in the sights more fully. Right now, I may pass by the same spot 100 times, but be unable to tell you what on earth is there, because I'm so focused on getting where I need to be.

6. If my memory starts to go, I hope it leans in the direction of forgetting petty arguments, and imagined slights, rather than the kindness that people generally show me.

I don't know if I'll get my hopes, but the best I can do is work towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment